Friday, July 8, 2011

The Duluoz Legend



For those of you who know me (and lets be serious at this point I doubt I have many avid readers that aren't family) you may not know that I have been having an undying love affair with Jack Kerouac. If you haven't read on the road you should be ashamed...and if you have move forward to big sur, dharma bums, subterraneans, tristessa and more. What I love so much about these stories is that even on the last page, I never feel complete. There is never an end all be all "this is what you should have learned" they are simply stories of love, adventure, disaster, friendship, fear and they cannonball from one to the next in no particular order. Its like a web of someones life that doesn't really make sense until you read it all...and even then its a little blurry. 
To make a long story short I spent the better portion of 2010 pouring my heart and soul into the beat generation. And when I came up for air, I had these:
the women of the Duluoz legend; full of love & proverbially imperfect











No comments:

Post a Comment